Journey to the English Cotswolds with your book club in the latest heartwarming family drama from Josephine Moon.
Josephine Moon has a knack for writing about food, particularly baked goods, that will leave you craving the smell of freshly baked bread or the taste of apple crumble straight out of the oven. The Cake Maker's Wish is no exception, and features cake maker and single mum Olivia uprooting her family for a new start in a picturesque English village. Life in the little town isn’t always sweet and simple, however. Will her son finally get to meet his Norwegian father? Will Olivia be able to move on from a traumatic event that tore her loved ones apart? And will life dish up some romance she didn't even know she was craving?
Bake something delicious, make a cup of tea and then settle in for a fantastic discussion with your book club pals.
Discussion points and questions:
- Olivia moves Darcy to the other side of the world in the hope of finding a family for him. Discuss the ways in which she does and does not succeed.
- In your opinion, is the idea of the Renaissance Project unrealistic or ingenious?
- What was the intention behind the saboteur’s actions?
- What do you think it really means to be part of a community?
- Darcy’s birthday party is a potent scene in the book. What do you think of the behaviour of the children and the adults involved? What do you think makes people act so cruelly?
- In what ways does Olivia support her son?
- Which male love interest did you prefer – Helge or Grayson? Do you think Olivia made the right choice?
- Discuss the transformative power of friendship in the novel as it plays out for both Olivia and Darcy.
- Discuss Clarence’s determination to restore the village when he doesn’t seem capable of mending the rifts in his own family. Is there something ironic in this attempt?
- What are the trademark characteristics of Josephine Moon’s novels? Which book of hers is your favourite?
With IVF treatments, a family trip on the Ghan and some award winning jam, there's plenty to unpack with your reading group.
From the bestselling author of The Chocolate Promise comes a colourful and heartwarming story that will delight your book club.
The bestselling author of The Cake Maker’s Wish with some creative solutions to beat writer's block.
The Jam Queens author on the joy of writing foodie fiction.
A beautiful and uplifting story to share with your reading group.
Sweep your book club off to Malaysia with this spellbinding novel of war and family betrayal.
A tale of extraordinary friendship and a lifetime of stories to share with your book club pals.
A must-read for book clubs and fans of The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul.
Settle in for a memorable reading group discussion, with Barack Obama’s long-awaited memoirs: A Promised Land.
These friends think they know everything about one another, but time has a way of making us strangers to those we love...
An electrifying and propulsive pick for your next book club meeting.
Gather your book club and find out why everyone is talking about The Last Migration.