From the bestselling author of The Chocolate Promise comes a colourful and heartwarming story that will delight your book club.
This profound and moving novel delves into the deeper mysteries of love and loss – and the priceless gift of life. Here are some talking points to get your group discussion started.
Discussion points and questions:
- Discuss the ways in which Gabby’s new heart is a blessing and the ways it is a curse.
- Do you think organ transplant recipients have a ‘duty’ to live their lives in a particular way?
- What are your own views on organ transplantation?
- Did you find it easy to sympathise with Krystal’s point of view?
- What are some of the different forms of family support the characters in this book display?
- How did you feel about Cam at the end of the book compared to the beginning?
- Discuss the ways in which animals are therapeutic for various characters in the novel.
- In what ways are Gabby and Luciano perfect for one another?
- Josephine Moon’s books are often characterised by descriptions of beautiful settings full of colour and sensory detail. In which scenes did you notice this most strongly?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- What do you see as being the central themes of the book?
- Discuss the importance of coffee in this story, and the place of food in general in this novel and others by Josephine Moon.
With IVF treatments, a family trip on the Ghan and some award winning jam, there's plenty to unpack with your reading group.
Journey to the English Cotswolds with your book club in the latest heartwarming family drama from Josephine Moon.
The Jam Queens author on the joy of writing foodie fiction.
The bestselling author of The Cake Maker’s Wish with some creative solutions to beat writer's block.
An uplifting Australian drama from rural midwife and bestselling author Fiona McArthur.
A story filled with courage, passion and hope to share with your reading group.
A desert highway. A remote town. A murder that won’t stay hidden.
A timely and uplifting story about the importance of community and connection from much-loved author Barbara Hannay.
Part thriller, part redemptive love story, and sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next book club meeting.
This heart-stopping thriller set on the rugged coast of Tasmania is an excellent choice for book club.
An award-winning pick for your next book club meeting.
A (Penguin Literary Prize) winning pick for book club.