With IVF treatments, a family trip on the Ghan and some award winning jam, there's plenty to unpack with your reading group.
Josephine Moon is back! With her trademark flair for writing delicious foodie fiction, we think your book club is going to love The Jam Queens. Make it an extra special meeting with Jo’s Apricot and Vanilla Jam or Jamtini cocktails!
Discussion points and questions:
- Four generations of women travelling together sounds like a rather ambitious plan. Is their trip across Australia on the Ghan ultimately a success or a catastrophe?
- Valeria is a relatively outspoken character. Do you understand how and why she has come to feel somewhat displaced within her family? Does she deserve it?
- Do you think Aggie and Gideon made the right choice with their embryos?
- Discuss the various ways in which the novel examines the idea of having a second chance at life and love.
- Who did you hope to see Aggie end up with – Gideon or Harry? Harry is someone who believes ‘Life is full of the greatest days.’ In what ways does this attitude influence Aggie?
- Does Valeria have a happy seventieth birthday?
- Have you ever entered a competition in a show, and if so, what did you learn from the experience?
- The novel celebrates domestic travel in Australia, coincidentally at a time when international travel is restricted. Did it inspire you to make any travel plans of your own?
- Do you have a bucket list?
- What is the most delicious thing you have ever eaten that featured jam as an ingredient or element?
- In what ways does food bring people together in this novel and other books by Josephine Moon?
Journey to the English Cotswolds with your book club in the latest heartwarming family drama from Josephine Moon.
From the bestselling author of The Chocolate Promise comes a colourful and heartwarming story that will delight your book club.
The Jam Queens author on the joy of writing foodie fiction.
The bestselling author of The Cake Maker’s Wish with some creative solutions to beat writer's block.
A glitteringly dark and unsettling debut that's perfect for book club.
A magnificent literary pick for book club.
An exciting new thriller from the author of The Girl on the Train to discuss with your book club.
Everybody is raving about Reese Witherspoon's book club — here are the reasons for its success.
Grab a box of tissues because these books are sure to get the waterworks flowing.
We all want to buy a gift friends and family will love unwrapping this Christmas. Here are five tips for picking a book they'll want to devour.
Can a life without luxury actually be the richest of all?
It's time to let your favourite bookshop know you love them. Here are some simple ways you can celebrate Love Your Bookshop Day.