These look visually spectacular if you add lots of different colours and shapes. Most fruits work well so you can’t go wrong: just choose the flavours you and the kids love. Fruitcicles are also a simple way to increase the amount of fruit eaten in a day.
dairy-free / egg-free / gluten-free / grain-free / nut-free / wheat-free / freezable
- 2–3 cups (500–750 ml) coconut water
- blueberries and raspberries, fresh or frozen
- kiwi fruit , peeled and thinly sliced
- strawberries, sliced thinly
- mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- starfruit, thinly sliced
- grapes, left whole or cut into halves
- banana, chopped into rounds
- Half fill your icy pole moulds with coconut water.
- Add your favourite fruit to each mould. You can add as much or as little fruit as you like.
- Top up with coconut water so the moulds are almost full.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
Also known as the Chinese gooseberry, it contains more vitamin C weight for weight than an orange! Kiwis are also high in vitamins A, B, E and K.