Try this detox smoothie recipe from Tess Masters’ The Perfect Blend.
This blend whips beets, oranges, and ginger into a detox delight. Depending on the character of your oranges, add stevia to taste. But, be warned: Beets move the bowels, especially if you add the aloe, prune, and apple cider vinegar boosters.
- 1⁄2 cup (120ml) filtered water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon finely grated orange zest, plus more to taste
- 4 medium oranges, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (150g) peeled and cubed raw beets (grated for conventional blenders)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, plus more to taste
- Pinch of natural salt
- Alcohol-free liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons pure aloe vera juice
- 1 pitted prune, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Throw everything except the ice, but including the boosters, into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until pulverized. Add the ice and stevia to taste and blast again for 10 to 20 seconds, until chilled. Drink immediately for the most balanced flavour. Strain through a filtration bag, nut milk bag, sheer piece of clean nylon hosiery, or fine-mesh strainer for a smoother consistency.
Nutritional facts (per serving)
Calories: 210 kcal
Fat 0.6 g
Saturated fat 0.1 g
Sodium 211.4 mg
Carbs 51.8 g
Fiber 11 g
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 4.8 g
Calcium 166 mg
Iron 1 mg
An easy meal to whip up from mostly store-cupboard ingredients.
A simple and tasty meal absolutely packed with veg that can be whipped up in no time.
Enjoy this winning combination from Eat More, Live Well.
An extra tasty roast that the whole family will love.
Try your hand at this classic Christmas recipe from Rebecca Wilson.
A pleasure to make, this cake is joyous served with a cup of tea.
With cocktail sauce, avo, tomatoes & crispy pancetta crumbs.
A simple pasta dish that you can whip up in minutes from Claudia Roden's Med.
Enjoy this aromatic Arabian rice as a side dish for a delicious dinner.
A delicious wonton recipe from Kylie Kwong to try at home.
Quick to make and even quicker to eat!
People have requested this recipe the most after hearing about it in the Ed Sheeran episode.