Itching for more information about the new book from John Green? Us too. Here’s everything you need to know.
1. The book’s called Turtles All the Way Down.
2. It begins with a fugitive billionaire and a cash reward.
3. The story is about lifelong friendship, the intimacy of an unexpected reunion, and Star Wars fan fiction.
4. It’s also about Tuatara, which are reptiles that live in New Zealand. They look like lizards, but aren’t.
5. Its heroine is 16 year-old Aza Holmes.
6. Aza sets out to look for clues to find the missing billionaire, whilst grappling with mental illness.
7. Her story is partly inspired by some of John’s own experiences. He says:
“This is my first attempt to write directly about the kind of mental illness that has affected my life since childhood, so while the story is fictional, it is also quite personal."
8. John’s last book was published six years ago, and he’ s been working on this one for years. But that’s not unusual – The Fault in Our Stars took 10 years to write.
9. Readers should expect plenty of metaphors! In John’s words:
‘The great thing about figurative language and symbols and the like in novels is that you don’t have to be conscious of them for them to work.’
10. Turtles All the Way Down will be published at 3.01pm on 10 October, 2017 (AEDT).
10 things to know about The Fault in Our Stars author.
We’ve all heard of the phenomena that is Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Bluey, but what is it that has made these beloved series so successful?! Here are some of our thoughts..
Our authors and staff recommend these chilling tales for Halloween.
Find the perfect stocking stuffer or gift for a bookworm with our Christmas quiz.
Everybody is raving about Reese Witherspoon's book club — here are the reasons for its success.
Grab a box of tissues because these books are sure to get the waterworks flowing.
Get excited for the TV adaptation of Taylor Jenkins Reid's bestselling novel.
We all want to buy a gift friends and family will love unwrapping this Christmas. Here are five tips for picking a book they'll want to devour.
Can a life without luxury actually be the richest of all?
It's time to let your favourite bookshop know you love them. Here are some simple ways you can celebrate Love Your Bookshop Day.
If you've worn out your favourite song perhaps it's time to switch to an audiobook that matches the mood of your best-loved banger.
Our top five books to read after bingeing the first season.