10 things to know about The Fault in Our Stars author.
- He won the 2006 Printz Award for his debut novel, Looking for Alaska.
- Upon leaving college he intended to become an Episcopal priest spending time working as a student chaplain.
- He worked for the book review journal Booklist as a publishing assistant and production editor.
- In 2007, John and his brother, Hank Green, began to talk primarily through video blogs posted to YouTube. The videos spawned a community of people called ‘nerdfighters,’ who fight for intellectualism and to decrease the overall worldwide level of suck.
- Green’s definition of a nerd is someone who is ‘enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness.’
- His books have been published in more than twenty languages.
- Hank has produced the widely-loved Emmy Award-winning YouTube series The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.
- John is the recipient of the LA Times 2013 Innovator’s Award. This award is given to people and institutions doing cutting edge work to bring books, publishing and storytelling into the future.
- Recently helped crowded source financial advertising support for a UK soccer/football team.
- Has, together with Hank, raised well over 1.3m through their Project For Awesome annual charity fundraiser.
Itching for more information about the new book from John Green? Us too. Here’s everything you need to know.
Bestselling Australian author of THE GODMOTHERS explores the joy of writing MARCIE GILL AND THE CARAVAN PARK CAT, her first book for kids.
We’ve all heard of the phenomena that is Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Bluey, but what is it that has made these beloved series so successful?! Here are some of our thoughts..
Our authors and staff recommend these chilling tales for Halloween.
Find the perfect stocking stuffer or gift for a bookworm with our Christmas quiz.
Everybody is raving about Reese Witherspoon's book club — here are the reasons for its success.
Grab a box of tissues because these books are sure to get the waterworks flowing.
Get excited for the TV adaptation of Taylor Jenkins Reid's bestselling novel.
We all want to buy a gift friends and family will love unwrapping this Christmas. Here are five tips for picking a book they'll want to devour.
Can a life without luxury actually be the richest of all?
It's time to let your favourite bookshop know you love them. Here are some simple ways you can celebrate Love Your Bookshop Day.
If you've worn out your favourite song perhaps it's time to switch to an audiobook that matches the mood of your best-loved banger.