10 things to know about The Fault in Our Stars author.
- He won the 2006 Printz Award for his debut novel, Looking for Alaska.
- Upon leaving college he intended to become an Episcopal priest spending time working as a student chaplain.
- He worked for the book review journal Booklist as a publishing assistant and production editor.
- In 2007, John and his brother, Hank Green, began to talk primarily through video blogs posted to YouTube. The videos spawned a community of people called ‘nerdfighters,’ who fight for intellectualism and to decrease the overall worldwide level of suck.
- Green’s definition of a nerd is someone who is ‘enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness.’
- His books have been published in more than twenty languages.
- Hank has produced the widely-loved Emmy Award-winning YouTube series The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.
- John is the recipient of the LA Times 2013 Innovator’s Award. This award is given to people and institutions doing cutting edge work to bring books, publishing and storytelling into the future.
- Recently helped crowded source financial advertising support for a UK soccer/football team.
- Has, together with Hank, raised well over 1.3m through their Project For Awesome annual charity fundraiser.
Add these to your TBR!
Itching for more information about the new book from John Green? Us too. Here’s everything you need to know.
Wondering what to read after Everything I Know About Love? If you’re a fan of Dolly Alderton’s first book, then you’ll love her second book: Ghosts. Learn all about it and discover more similar titles.
These 7 real locations from Sixty-Seven Days are the perfect places to visit while reading the book. Immerse yourself in this romantic drama by exploring the same places the characters visit in the novel.
What are the symptoms of a histamine intolerance? What even is a histamine intolerance? And how do you get rid of one? Dr Will Bulsiewicz breaks it down in The Fibre Fuelled Cookbook.
Meet the characters from The Summer I Turned Pretty books. Learn about the main characters and important family members who play a role in the trilogy.
Take this quiz to find out which character you’re most like from The Summer I Turned Pretty.
All about Gabrielle Wang's new book, Zadie Ma and the Dog Who Chased the Moon.
Want to try something new? These popular audiobooks from different genres will help you explore new subjects and themes while listening. You might just discover an unexpected favourite!
These five easy steps will teach you how to do square breathing for anxiety. Using this simple mindfulness tool can help lower your heart rate and curb anxious thoughts the moment they arise.
Author of Am I Black Enough For You?, Anita Heiss, has received an AM for services to tertiary Indigenous Studies and the Arts.
All about To Your Eternity, the manga series that has taken the world by storm.