The shortlist for the 2020 Australian Book Industry Awards (ABIAs) has been announced, and we’re thrilled to share that Penguin Random House Australia has eleven books on the shortlist across eight different categories. And we’ve also been nominated as Publisher of the Year.
Audiobook of the Year
- Fake: A Startling True Story of Love in a World of Liars, Cheats, Narcissists, Fantasists and Phonies by Stephanie Wood (narrated by Claudia Karvan)
- The Resilience Project: Finding Happiness Through Gratitude, Empathy and Mindfulness by Hugh Van Cuylenburg (narrated by Hugh Van Cuylenburg)
- The Yield by Tara June Winch (narrated by Tony Briggs)
Biography Book of the Year
Book of the Year for Older Children (ages 13+)
- Detention by Tristan Bancks
Children’s Picture Book of the Year (ages 0-6)
- Bluey: The Beach by Ludo Studio, BBC Studios and Penguin Random House Australia
- The Tiny Star by Mem Fox and Freya Blackwood
General Non-fiction Book of the Year
- Against All Odds by Craig Challen and Richard Harris
- Fake: A Startling True Story of Love in a World of Liars, Cheats, Narcissists, Fantasists and Phonies by Stephanie Wood
Illustrated Book of the Year
- Ben Quilty by Ben Quilty
International Book of the Year
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
Literary Fiction Book of the Year
- The Yield by Tara June Winch
Publisher of the Year
- Penguin Random House Australia
The winners will be announced at a virtual event on Wednesday 13 May.
Read more at the official Australian Book Industry Awards website.