Take your book club on an enthralling journey over oceans and continents.
This New York Times bestseller and Booker Prize shortlisted book is sure to be a hit at your next reading group meeting. It's been described as 'smart, ambitious and so beautifully written' by Curtis Sittenfeld and 'epic in spirit and scope' by the Telegraph, who gave it five stars. Great Circle is a monumentally powerful epic that weaves together the astonishing lives of a daredevil female aviator, and the Hollywood rebel who will play her on screen.
Discussion points and questions:
- Why do you think Marian wants to fly around the world? Have you ever wanted to take a major risk without quite knowing why?
- What do you think Hadley wants from playing the role of Marian? Do you think her expectations are met?
- How is Marian’s life shaped by her experiences of love? Do you think she really wants to love someone? What about Hadley?
- What do you think is Marian’s idea of freedom? What is yours?
- How does Marian’s relationship with her brother, Jamie, evolve over time? How would you react if you had a sibling like Marian?
- Do you think Peregrine is going to be a good movie?
- How do you think Marian was shaped by her unusual childhood? Do you think she was bruised or strengthened by the fact she never knew her parents?
- Hadley says that no story can ever be whole. What do you think she means?
- Which friend or relative would you pass this book on to and why?
The shortlist for the 2021 Booker Prize has been announced, with four Penguin Random House novels named.
The Great Circle author on inspiring travel, research and spending seven years on her latest novel.
Two friends. Ten summer trips. Their last chance to fall in love.
A fun rock 'n' roll story that's perfect for book club.
A glitteringly dark and unsettling debut that's perfect for book club.
Let Judy Nunn take you on a scintillating journey through the golden age of Australian show business.
A magnificent literary pick for book club.
An exciting new thriller from the author of The Girl on the Train to discuss with your book club.
Get your very own book club off the ground with these tips from The Wattle Island Book Club author.
An uplifting Australian drama from rural midwife and bestselling author Fiona McArthur.
A story filled with courage, passion and hope to share with your reading group.
A desert highway. A remote town. A murder that won’t stay hidden.