John Baker and his book Stalin’s Wine Cellar have quickly become favourites at The Bookshop Bowral.
At its heart is an almost mythical collection of wine which is a remarkable story in itself. And John’s global adventure to track it down, authenticate it – and try to get it out of Georgia – is a yarn that’s almost too entertaining to be believed.
“Stolen from the Tsar. Hidden from Hitler. Found by a Sydney wine merchant.”
An incredible true story written with Nick Place, Stalin’s Wine Cellar is a look into the world of exclusive wine tastings, 150-year-old wines, French vineyards, spending incredible amounts of money on rare bottles and, of course, a great drop.
Centennial Vineyards Restaurant is the perfect place to hear about it.
- Tickets include dinner - one course and a glass of wine.
- John will sign copies of Stalin's Wine Cellar.
- Tables will be arranged in groups of 4, 6 or 8 people. Ater you buy your ticket, please let us know if you'd like to sit with a friend: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- After you buy your ticket, please let us know if you have dietary requirements: email email@example.com
- Covid-safe event: only 100 tickets available for sale (non-refundable). If you are unwell, please do not attend.
- If you are unable to attend this event but would like a signed copy of Stalin's Wine Cellar, please call The Bookshop Bowral on 02 4862 1634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order. John will even dedicate a book to you or a friend.