Delight your reading group with this book written by a book club.
The Shifting Light is a riveting rural novel of family intrigue, love and suspense. Beneath the breathtaking outback Wangalla sky, Nina sets forth on a voyage through a maze of family secrets. Can she find the truth behind a mysterious portrait of her thought-to-be-dead father? Here are some more questions to get your next book club session up and running.
Reading Group Questions
- Parent/child relationships feature in The Shifting Light. To what extent do they shape the characters and their actions?
- What role does art play in the novel?
- How does the colloquial language contribute to place and character in The Shifting Light?
- Of all the characters, Hilary changes the most. How and why?
- What does switching between scenes when Nina and Hilary are in peril add to the tension?
- When and how did your perception of Lachlan change?
- The Shifting Light is about shifting allegiances. How do these play out?
- How well do the social and racial tensions examined in the book reflect the realities of rural life?
- What bearing does Izzy’s childhood have on her adult life?
- What does the way Heath deals with the environmental issues facing farmers today reveal about his character?
The Shifting Light author(s) on research, sequels and keeping plotlines on-track.
Sweep your book club off to Malaysia with this spellbinding novel of war and family betrayal.
A classic whodunit for the most perceptive reading groups.
Settle in for a memorable reading group discussion, with Barack Obama’s long-awaited memoirs: A Promised Land.
These friends think they know everything about one another, but time has a way of making us strangers to those we love...
Sweep your book club off to the sun-kissed vineyards of rural France.
Your reading group will adore this family drama from much-loved author Monica McInerney.
Take your book club on a journey of self-discovery, with Glennon Doyle’s famed Untamed.
Reading group discussion questions for ages 12+.
Gather your book club and get ready to gossip about the inhabitants of Spinifex.
An electrifying and propulsive pick for your next book club meeting.
Gather your book club and find out why everyone is talking about The Last Migration.