Now published in ebook format for the first time, a collection of classic short, dark – sometimes darkly funny – tales of urban unease from the acclaimed author of Roofworld, Spanky and the Bryant & May mysteries.
Take a trip to the cutting edge of terror and discover:
- Why an obsession with sixties British comedy stars can make you a murderer ...
- The mother who dreads the sound of hymns - with good reason.
- How schooldays can be the weirdest days of your life.
- A couple who regularly visit the supermarket from Hell...
- And why people who collect table-mats are dangerous - only when they're dead...
“An Alan Bennett-like enjoyment of domestic trivia in Fowler's work... provides a foil for the horror and an unexpected seam of humour.”
“A unique voice”
The Dark Side
“[Christopher Fowler is] a great guide to the dark side.”
“One of the hippest and sharpest horror writers around.”