Delicious flexitarian recipes for planet-friendly eating
Bestselling author Melissa Hemsley offers easy veg-packed flexitarian recipes. Will appeal to fans of River Cottage Veg Every Day!, A Modern Way to Eat and No. More. Plastic.
‘A delicious and much needed nudge towards a healthier and more sustainable kitchen’ Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
'More than a recipe book, this is a guide for how to shop and eat now!' Skye Gyngell
With foreword by Guy Singh-Watson, farmer and founder of Riverford.
Eat Green is a cookbook for everyone who wants to enjoy tasty food which is good for you, simple to make, affordable to cook every day and to reduce their impact on the planet.
Bestselling author and home cook, Melissa Hemsley gives you over 100 recipes that focus on UK-grown, easy-to-buy ingredients, cutting down on food waste and putting flavour first. These veg-packed and veg-centric recipes celebrate the very best of the seasons with simple swaps meaning that meat and fish can be added in or taken away, so everyone can enjoy a delicious meal, whether they are an omnivore, vegetarian or something in between.
Melissa’s down-to-earth approach to joyful eating encourages us to cook healthy food from scratch while being mindful of life’s pressures and time constraints and Eat Green includes plenty of:
- easy swaps to use up food you have to hand and reinvent your leftovers
- batch cooking advice and meals to stock up your freezer
- quick 30 minute midweek dinners and one pot meals
- make-ahead packed lunches for work or weekend trips
- family-friendly dishes and healthy spins on comfort food favourites
- plus an A-Z of full of creative ideas for using up odds and ends that you might usually throw away
Recognising that zero waste is not yet achievable for many of us, Eat Green is a helping hand towards the first steps to a more sustainable way of eating. But more importantly it celebrates the pleasure of really good food anyone can cook and everyone can savour.