A sub-10-minute routine from Zoë Foster Blake’s Amazinger Face.
For women who have a ‘severe lack of time’ or are ‘more honest’ and admit they may be ‘slightly lazy’, here is a simple daily beauty routine you can learn and do with flair and ease. First, gently cleanse your face to get rid of any residue oil and prep the skin. Next, apply a moisturiser with SPF 30 every single day, right down to the boobs.
1. Use a BB or CC cream all over the face and apply a little loose powder on top to set it so it lasts. If you prefer more coverage, apply a liquid foundation. (Liquid and cream products are generally faster and easier to apply than powders.) But do use some base – even if it is just a tint: it does wonders for making your face look alive and even-toned. Apply concealer under the eyes and on the eyelids to brighten, and conceal any blemishes/veins.
2. The fastest makeup route to looking ‘done’, in my opinion, is using some colour and simple items that give big results, so that you look like you expended more effort than you did. (If you have oily skin, you will probably prefer to use powders over creams.)
Here’s the most basic makeup routine I can come up with, and it looks great! It does! It really does:
- Mascara. (More is better if you’re wearing little else on the face.) Curl your lashes first.
- Blush on the apples of the cheeks.
- Lipstick or gloss.
If you want to add a little more:
- Wash of taupe cream eye shadow over the eyelid
- Brown or black eyeliner along the upper lash line
3. Add perfume, pull your hair back loosely into a low bun and add some spangly ear candy. I buy earrings from Topshop, ASOS or Zara and they always make me look like I’ve spent more time on my outfit than I have.
4. Check the time. It should be around 5–7 minutes after you started this routine. Which, you will note, is less than 10 minutes. Which, you will also note, means A) my heading wasn't a lie, and B) you walloped it. Well done!
All the answers are here, in this top-to-toe beauty extravaganza. Former Cosmopolitan and Harper's BAZAAR beauty director, and the founder of Go-To skin care, Zoë Foster Blake suggests makeup colours and brands for every occasion; useful, practical skin care routines and products for every age; and step-by-step instructions for winged eyeliner, arresting red lips, foolproof tanning, simple updos, sexy-second-day hair, and much, much more . . .Buy now
Overcoming the dreaded book slump is easy with these rad reads.
Read the rainbow with new stories from Becky Albertalli, Tobias Madden, Krystal Sutherland, Alicia Jasinska and more.
Port Arthur convicts turned to cannibalism in an attempt to survive in the harsh Australian bush.
Vivian Pham and Penguin Random House honoured in Australian Book Industry Awards.
Set yourself up for good health with a whole-food plant-based diet.
Tips from Stay at Home Mum on how to blog for a profit.
Video chats are here to stay. Make them fun with a Penguin backdrop.
The Emporium of Imagination author on the power of magical realism.
Tim Winton and his publisher Nikki Christer reflect on 30 years of Cloudstreet.
Author Krystal Sutherland shares her favourite stories.
Boost your Easter spirit by hiding books, chocolate and toys in eggs.
New stories from bestselling authors Lynette Noni, Becky Albertali, Karen M. McManus, Rick Riordan, and more.