Track down your reading group to discuss Candice Fox's latest thriller.
Candice Fox has some hilarious suggestions for introducing your friends to The Chase, including emailing them about it 17,000 times and replacing their pillow with copies of The Chase. If all else fails you could pick Fox's electrifying cat-and-mouse thriller for your next book club meeting, that way you'll have someone to discuss it with! Use the questions below to get the conversation started.
Discussion points and questions:
- Do you believe the breakout unfolded too seamlessly? Would you, as a Pronghorn guard, have opened the doors?
- Was Warden Slanter’s role in the novel a redemptive one? Do you think she learned anything?
- Are you Team Celine or Team Kradle? Who were you rooting for?
- How long did it take you to believe Kradle was innocent?
- You’re a Pronghorn inmate newly surprised with freedom. Where do you go? What do you do?
- Was Celine an idiot for trusting Keeps?
- What do you think about Nick’s justification for doing what he did? Was he lying? Crazy? Trying to be hurtful?
- How would the book have unfolded differently if the author had set it in her home country of Australia?
- Who’s worse, Burke David Schmitz or the people who follow him?
- Trinity Parker – hero or power-hungry narcissist with a badge?
This heart-stopping thriller set on the rugged coast of Tasmania is an excellent choice for book club.
A pick for book club that's warm, witty and wise.
A beautiful and uplifting story to share with your reading group.
Take your reading group into the dark, gothic heart of rural Australia.
A classic whodunit for the most perceptive reading groups.
An electrifying and propulsive pick for your next book club meeting.
The bestselling author discusses tapping back into Jack's world, twisty-turny stories and her favourite crime dramas.
Lee Child and younger brother Andrew have collaborated for the first time on The Sentinel and Jack Reacher fans are in for a treat.
Three rising stars of crime fiction are teaming up for a series of virtual events in 2020.
The Either Side of Midnight author on comedy vs crime, writing advice and pointy things near eyeballs.
The bestselling author on thrilling reads and the things that scare her.
The Night Swim author shares her thoughts on heroes, villains and toilet paper (?!).