Track down your reading group to discuss Candice Fox's latest thriller.
Candice Fox has some hilarious suggestions for introducing your friends to The Chase, including emailing them about it 17,000 times and replacing their pillow with copies of The Chase. If all else fails you could pick Fox's electrifying cat-and-mouse thriller for your next book club meeting, that way you'll have someone to discuss it with! Use the questions below to get the conversation started.
Discussion points and questions:
- Do you believe the breakout unfolded too seamlessly? Would you, as a Pronghorn guard, have opened the doors?
- Was Warden Slanter’s role in the novel a redemptive one? Do you think she learned anything?
- Are you Team Celine or Team Kradle? Who were you rooting for?
- How long did it take you to believe Kradle was innocent?
- You’re a Pronghorn inmate newly surprised with freedom. Where do you go? What do you do?
- Was Celine an idiot for trusting Keeps?
- What do you think about Nick’s justification for doing what he did? Was he lying? Crazy? Trying to be hurtful?
- How would the book have unfolded differently if the author had set it in her home country of Australia?
- Who’s worse, Burke David Schmitz or the people who follow him?
- Trinity Parker – hero or power-hungry narcissist with a badge?
Candice Fox reveals secrets to success after latest Ned Kelly shortlisting.
An uplifting Australian drama from rural midwife and bestselling author Fiona McArthur.
A story filled with courage, passion and hope to share with your reading group.
A desert highway. A remote town. A murder that won’t stay hidden.
A timely and uplifting story about the importance of community and connection from much-loved author Barbara Hannay.
Part thriller, part redemptive love story, and sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next book club meeting.
Ponder whether one life is worth more than another with Fiona McIntosh's latest thriller.
This heart-stopping thriller set on the rugged coast of Tasmania is an excellent choice for book club.
An award-winning pick for your next book club meeting.
A (Penguin Literary Prize) winning pick for book club.
A captivating novel about love, sacrifice, secrets and resilience that's perfect for book club.
Our authors and staff recommend these chilling tales for Halloween.