The ultimate guide to all forms of childcare: nannies, maternity nurses, au pairs, nurseries, childminders, relatives and babysitters
The essential handbook for all working parents looking for childcare
For single parent families and those with two working parents, organising formal childcare can seem complicated and daunting. How are you to navigate your way through all that's available, work out what you can afford and plan all this around you or your partner returning to work?
In The Childcare Bible Lucy Martin offers clear, comprehensive guidance. As an ex-solicitor, working mother of three children and owner of a successful nanny-finding business she is excellently placed to give you the best advice on how to negotiate the childcare minefield. Covering all aspects of childcare, The Childcare Bible tells you everything you need to know, including:
- What types of childcare are available and what they each offer
- How to ensure your carer is qualified by explaining the different childcare qualifications available
- What government support you can get and how it works
- How to interview for nannies and what relevant employment law you need to know
- How to decide whether returning to work is right for you
- What your rights are on returning to work
With simple, knowledgeable advice, organising the right childcare for your family can be a painless task. The Childcare Bible lays out all the relevant information so you can make an informed choice and get the most out of what's available. This is an essential handbook.
“...a very substantial, detailed book. It should answer all your childcare questions and there should be little need to look elsewhere”