A major new collection for Hutchinson's most distinguished poet.
Dannie Abse's career as a poet spans more than fifty years and this volume comprises both a distinguished collection of his past work and a generous section of new poems.
- 'I've long thought Dannie Abse one of the most remarkable poets now writing' Godfrey Smith, Sunday Times
- 'There is a persistent note of humanism throughout his poetry which is never wishful thinking or mere scepticism' Peter Porter
- 'The particular joy of reading Dannie Abse's poems is that while they can be subtle, glancing and are often complicated, they are always welcomingly clear' Observer
- 'His scalpel turns out to be a magical wand. Such is the alchemical power of good poetry' Elizabeth Jennings, Daily Telegraph
- 'He is a story-teller in verse, a poet who keeps his ears and eyes open and offers item after item which ring unmistakably true' Robert Nye, The Times