Music: The Business (7th edition)
The music industry bible, the essential guide to the law and the deals.
This essential and highly acclaimed guide, now updated and revised in its seventh edition, explains the business of the British music industry.
Drawing on her extensive experience as a media lawyer, Ann Harrison offers a unique, expert opinion on the deals, the contracts and the business as a whole. She examines in detail the changing face of the music industry and provides absorbing and up-to-date case studies.
Whether you're a recording artist, songwriter, music business manager, industry executive, publisher, journalist, media student, accountant or lawyer, this practical and comprehensive guide is indispensable reading.
Fully revised and updated. Includes:
· The current types of record and publishing deals, and what you can expect to see in the contracts
· A guide to making a record, manufacture, distribution, branding, marketing, merchandising, sponsorship, band arrangements and touring
· The most up-to-date information on music streaming, digital downloads, online marketing and piracy
· An in-depth look at copyright law and related rights
· Case studies illustrating key developments and legal jargon explained.
Praise for Music: The Business (7th edition)
Harrison has cut a magnificent swathe through the legal jungle. Essential.Record Collector
The most comprehensive and accessible guide to the workings of the British music industryDaily Mirror
An invaluable guide to the legal minefieldGuitar Magazine
An indispensable companion for any up-and-coming musicianFuture Music