This updated edition has added a substantial new section to the Introduction.
Eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide a fresh new edition of this masterpiece of political power play and manipulation—along with more than a hundred pages of exclusive features, including:
- An original Introduction to Julius Caesar
- Incisive scene-by-scene synopsis and analysis with vital facts about the work
- Commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors, and designers
- Photographs of key RSC productions
- An overview of Shakespeare’s theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.