How to make breastfeeding work - with your baby's help
An authoritative and practical guide to enjoyable and successful breastfeeding from the baby-led authors Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkett
Breastfeeding is easy when you follow your baby's natural instincts
Forget stressful routines, painful breasts and problems with milk supply. This straightforward guide shows you how to follow your baby's lead so you can enjoy relaxed and pain-free breastfeeding.
With practical advice on interpreting your baby's needs, Baby-led Breastfeeding explains in simple terms how breastfeeding works and why staying in tune with your baby is the key to effortless feeding.
Discover how to:
- help your baby follow his instincts from the very first feed
- make the most of the first few weeks to get breastfeeding up and running
- hold your baby in ways that will help him to feed effectively
- recognise when breastfeeding is going well and be confident that your baby is getting plenty of breast milk
- avoid common problems - from sore nipples to mastitis
Baby-led Breastfeeding is a sensible and sensitive guide that will help you and your baby develop a happy and fulfilling breastfeeding relationship.
Praise for Baby-led Breastfeeding
I truly believe this sensitively written, practical guide will be a great resource for any mother who wants to get breastfeeding to really work.Sue Ashmore, Programme Director, UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative