A feelgood romantic comedy by Australia's bestselling romance writer.
The Other Bridget is a feelgood romantic comedy, perfect for reading with your book club. Following a librarian named Bridget Jones (yes, like the character), the book charts her course as she navigates her relationship with two potential love interests: the charming barista and her grumpy neighbour. Will Bridget’s life finally mirror the romance novels she loves reading so much?
Discussion points and questions
- Bridget believes that, due to her name, she has been placed under a romance ‘curse’. Do you think her view is justified?
- ‘Love happens when you’re least expecting it.’ Discuss.
- Are dating apps a blessing or a curse for singles?
- What’s the best meet-cute you have ever heard of or experienced yourself?
- Do you think the romance genre gets a bad rap?
- Who was your favourite Bookstar member and why?
- Do you agree with Bridget that books have the power to change lives? Is there a book that has changed yours?
- What do you think is the greatest romance novel of all time?
- Have you ever seen a film adaptation that’s better than the book?
- Discuss the importance of friendship in the novel. Which friendship was your favourite?
- Are little white lies ever okay if they’re told with good intent?
- What do you think Janine means when she says, ‘You can decide to be the hero of your own story rather than the victim’?
- Do you agree with Bridget’s friends when they tell her ‘No one deserves a happy ever after more than you do?’
- Have you read any other Rachael Johns novels? Which is your preferred genre of hers, and why?
Want more? Start reading the book, here.
Your chance to win an exclusive The Other Bridget Book Pack.
We caught up with Rachael Johns to learn about her writing routines, favourite rom-coms and new book The Other Bridget.
From authors including Rachael Johns, Amor Towles, Leigh Bardugo and so many others!
A charming, quirky novel to read with your book club.
A thought-provoking book about family and fortune to read with your book club.
Amy Doak on the creation of Eleanor Jones is Not a Murderer.
A heart-stopping jack Hawksworth novel to read with your book club.
A heart-stopping romantic adventure to read with your book club.
A sweeping historical novel to read with your book club.
A stirring coming-of-age novel to read with your book club.
A gripping wartime memoir with a twist, to read with your book club.
A book about faith and family to read with your book club.