Find out how introverted or extroverted you are with this quiz straight from the pages of Quiet Journal.
The following questions can help you get a better sense of how introverted or extroverted you might be. Answer each question 'true' or 'false', choosing the answer that applies to you more often than not.
- I prefer one-on-one conversations to group activities.
- I often prefer to express myself in writing.
- I enjoy solitude.
- I seem to care less than my peers about wealth, fame, and status.
- I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in depth about topics that matter to me.
- People tell me that I’m a good listener.
- I’m not a big risk-taker.
- I enjoy work that allows me to 'dive in' with few interruptions.
- I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two close friends or family members.
- People describe me as 'soft-spoken' or 'mellow'.
- I prefer not to show or discuss my work with others until it’s finished.
- I dislike conflict.
- I do my best work on my own.
- I tend to think before I speak.
- I feel drained after being out and about, even if I’ve enjoyed myself.
- I often let calls go through to voice mail.
- If I had to choose, I’d prefer a weekend with absolutely nothing to do to one with too many things scheduled.
- I don’t enjoy multitasking.
- I can concentrate easily.
- In classroom situations, I prefer lectures to seminars.
Add up the number of 'true' and 'false' answers and write down the totals.
The more often you answered 'true', the more introverted you probably are. Given the choice, introverts will devote their social energy to a small group of people they care about most, preferring a glass of wine with a close friend to a party full of strangers. Introverts think before they speak, have a more deliberate approach to risk, and enjoy solitude. They feel energized when focusing deeply on a subject or activity that really interests them. When they’re in overly stimulating environments (too loud, too crowded, and the like), they tend to feel overwhelmed. They seek out environments of peace, sanctuary, and beauty; they have an active inner life and are at their best when they tap into its riches.
The more often you answered 'false', the more extroverted you probably are. Extroverts relish social life and are energized by interacting with friends and strangers alike. They’re typically assertive, go-getting, and able to seize the day. Extroverts are great at thinking on their feet; they’re relatively comfortable with conflict. Given the choice, extroverts usually prefer more stimulating environments that give them frequent opportunities to see and speak with others. When they’re in quiet environments, they’re prone to feeling bored and restless. They are actively engaged in the world around them and at their best when tapping into its energy.
If you found yourself with a roughly equal number of 'true' and 'false' answers, then you may be an ambivert, which means you fall in the middle of the introvert–extrovert spectrum. In many ways, ambiverts have the best of both worlds, able to tap into the strengths of both introverts and extroverts as needed.
Meet everyone's new favourite witch
Download free mindfulness worksheets for kids.
Join The Secret Explorers on a fact-filled adventure in this free activity pack!
Beware, the Witches are here. And we have the perfect activity pack to keep you prepared.
From the hilarious new picture book from Zoe Foster Blake, comes the fun activity pack.
Meet the group of brilliant kids from around the world who come together to fix problems, solve mysteries, and learn new things!
Test your creativity and brush up your building skills in this Halloween-themed LEGO activity pack.
You can join Arty and be a hero too!
Celebrating the launch of book two, Catvinkle and the Missing Tulips.
Write your own thank-you letters!
Discover the lives of incredible people in this free kids activity pack!
Download a word search and colouring page.