Hints and tips to make perfect cakes every time, plus delicious recipes to tempt you into the kitchen
Lucy Young provides expert advice on everything you need to know to become a better baker. This handy reference will show you how to make the perfect cake and includes a q&a solving the most frequently asked baking problems. Incorporating a wide range of recipes from luxurious sponge cakes to healthy fruit bars there are even recipes ideal for baking with children.
Features advice on:
* making the most of your ingredients
* the best cooking times and temperatures for light fluffy sponges every time
* avoiding and solving common problems, such as flat or stodgy texture
* basic, foolproof recipes that always work
* storage tips to make cakes last longer
* decorating and icing for lovely finishing flourishes
Tips for Better Baking is packed with top tips, insider knowledge and recipe ideas - there is something for everyone from the keen baker, to the complete beginner.