The Essential Guide to Sleep for Your Baby - and You
A no-nonsense guide to raising a good sleeper from birth
Cry it out or co-sleep? Silence or Mozart? Darkness or night lights? Exhausted parents have tried everything to get their children to sleep through the night so they can too. Overwhelmed by complicated and conflicting advice, many mums, dads and babies still struggle to get a good night's sleep.
In The Good Sleeper, sleep expert Dr Janet Kennedy presents the clear, concise and straightforward information parents have been missing. In a simple plan, she teaches parents to put their baby’s needs ahead of his or her wants, explaining how to read the early signs of tiredness so children can be put to bed before they become overtired and start to fight sleep. Includes:
• The basics of infant sleep patterns
• How to make sure your child is well rested
• Soothing techniques for fussy babies
• How to help your child learn to put herself to sleep
• How to avoid excessive crying
• How to address sleep problems as they arise
• Transitioning from crib to bed
• Early wakings
• Night wakings and wanderings
• Bedtime routines and battles
• Sharing a room with a sibling
• …and how to keep the whole family well rested!
By learning how to understand your baby's signals, you'll be able to ensure that the whole family enjoys a calm bedtime and a restful night's sleep. A good night's sleep doesn't have to be a dream.