From ponds and water features to the best aquatic plants, Alan Titchmarsh presents the complete practical guide to making the most of water in your garden. From the How to Garden series of gardening handbooks
Water will bring a garden miraculously to life, drawing the eye more than any other feature. When still, its shimmering reflections create a peaceful mood, while moving water animates the garden scene and delights with its mesmerizing sounds. In this definitive guide, Alan shows you how to design and make a water feature to suit any size and style of garden, from a large wildlife pond, stream or rill to the tiniest pebble or wall fountain.
* Easy-to-follow instructions and step-by-step diagrams
* A–Z directory of Alan’s recommended pond and waterside plants
* Guide to choosing and caring for fish
* Key tips on encouraging wildlife to your pond
* Season-by-season guide to pond maintenance