Haggis McGregor and the Night of the Skull Moon : Aussie Bites
Illustrator: Gus Gordon
Author: Jen Storer
Skeletal Haggis McGregor has been dead for hundreds of years, but that doesn't stop him wanting a wife. And while he's looking for her, he and his equally bony ghostly horse have fun rampaging around the little Scottish village of Dunroamin, scaring the inhabitants out of their wits. Lonely, middle-aged Miss McDoogle is certain that Haggis intends her to be his bride, and that prospect doesn't appeal to her at all – even though her supposed great-nephew, wispy little Gordon Cobb, wants her to marry Haggis very much indeed.
Will Haggis take Miss McDoogle through the portal into his life beyond the grave? Who really owns the antique handbag Haggis snatches from Miss McDoogle? Will Gordon find a home and a family? All the questions are finally answered in this wonderfully funny and macabre story of a self-obsessed, bony, kilt-wearing Scotsman with a longing for romance.
- Fantasy & magical realism (Children's/YA)(390)
- Historical fiction (Children's/YA)(273)
- Humorous stories (Children's/YA)(460)
- Reading age 10+ years(1210)
- Reading age 8+ years(1247)
- Reading age 9+ years(1225)
- Science fiction (Children's/YA)(205)