- Can I choose any book that I want?
- What's the minimum order quantity?
- What does a quoted price include?
- I have a limited budget - How can I get the most for my money?
- How long will it take from the time I order the books to delivery?
- Can Penguin help me with fulfilment services?
- Can I get a book in a digital format?
Yes, pending author and agent approval.
- If we are supplying books from stock, for example as a subscription, membership incentive, or to give to delegates attending an overseas conference, then the minimum order can be as little as 50 copies.
- If we are customising an existing title by branding the front cover for you, then the minimum order quantity would be 3,000 copies, although prices improve considerably for print-runs of 5,000 copies or more.
- If we are producing a book from scratch for you, then the minimum order quantity would start at 5,000 copies, however this also depends on the extent of the customisation, new work required and also on your budget for the project. Editorial, writing and design work is spread across the total number of units, thus the larger your order the lower the price per copy.
- Manufacturing and printing costs.
- Any design and editorial changes requested.
- One bulk delivery to one Australian address.
- Author royalty payments.
- The fewer pages a book has, the cheaper it is to produce.
- Black and white books are generally much cheaper than colour books.
- Savings can be made by adapting the book’s format to make it cheaper to print – reducing it in size, printing on different paper, changing the finish on the book cover, changing the board that the cover is printed on.
- We can extract selected sections/chapters from the book rather than print the entire book.
- We can make suggestions and will work to ensure that you get the best possible solution for your budget.
- For books from stock: an average of 10 working days.
- For black and white paperback reprints: approximately 4-6 weeks from order to delivery.
- For illustrated, colour books: approximately 8-12 weeks from order to delivery, depending on where the book prints.
There can sometimes be room to manoeuvre on lead times, and we would be happy to discuss your requirements in more detail.
Please note that these lead times do not include time required for any design or editorial changes to a book. The timeframe for this work really depends on the extent of the changes required, and can be advised on a case by case basis.
- Yes, we would be happy to speak to you about your direct-to-consumer fulfilment needs.
- Our quotes include freight to one location, in one drop. A maximum of 10 additional deliveries can be arranged for a small fee of $15 per additional location.
We are constantly exploring new areas, such as e-books and digital content for client web sites, and would be happy to discuss your needs.