A revised & updated edition of The Princeton Review's classic guide to better writing.
Knowing how to communicate through clear, articulate writing is an essential skill in today's world. Whether you're penning a college application essay, a paper for class, an email to colleagues, or a report for your boss, you need to be able express your thoughts clearly and with appropriate context. Writing Smart will walk you through each stage of your writing project, from planning your work and writing the first few sentences to editing and adding finishing touches!
This 3rd edition includes sections on:
* Quick review of essential grammar
* Preparing to write, including outlines and research if needed
* Proper use of words, punctuation, sentences, and paragraphs
* How to edit your work efficiently
* Tips and approaches for all kinds of writing, including personal essays; reviews, articles, and essay tests; research papers; professional letters and emails; lab reports; and project proposals