Here is a cookbook that offers a vegetarian cuisine that is so tasty, satisfying, and hearty that it will appeal to vegetarians
and nonvegetarians alike. Tanya Petrovna is the co-owner and head chef of the Native Foods restaurants, a chain of popular
vegetarian restaurants in Southern California. Petrovna takes a back-to-basics approach to cooking. Inspired by her love of
good food as well as by her concerns about animal rights, health, and the environment, she offers a diverse and delicious menu
based on whole grains, fresh organic vegetables, and meat and cheese substitutes made from torn, tempeh, and seitan. Tanya
proves that this guilt-free cuisine—which is low in fat and contains no cholesterol—can be indulgent and fun. Recipes include:
• Roasted Winter Vegetables with "It's Thyme for Pumpkin Seed Pesto"
• Meatless Portabello and Sausage Burgers
• Luscious Nondairy Cheesecake
• Chinese Noodle Salad with Baby Field Greens and Sesame Orange Vinaigrette
• Meat-free Tijuana Tacos with Salsa Fresca
The Native Foods Cookbook also features instructions on basic cooking methods, helpful definitions, nutritional
information, and a simple kitchen pantry setup. Petrovna also offers instructions for making tom and seitan at home.