Author: McCaffrey Kate
Already unsettled and anxious about the prospect of starting year ten at a new school, Avalon's first day is a disaster and it only gets worse. She immediately finds herself on the wrong side of the popular girls and within days becomes the subject of a vicious cyber bullying campaign.
Miserable and alienated she finds solace with a small group of friends, and for a while things seem okay. But the focus of the bullying shifts to her friend Marshall who becomes the victim of both physical and mental threats which have consequences more terrible than anything anyone could have imagined.
Destroying Avalon is about adolescent peer pressure and the search for identity.
It's a hard-hitting, uncompromising story of teenage struggle, courage and betrayal. It is also an incredibly moving story.
- Death & bereavement (Children's/YA)(46)
- Family & home stories (Children's/YA)(657)
- General fiction (Children's/YA)(1042)
- Literature: history & criticism(834)
- Reading age 13+ years(428)
- Reading age 14+ years (Young Adult)(624)
- Romance & relationships stories (Children's/YA)(493)
- School stories (Children's/YA)(219)