Author: Michael Carr-Gregg
An essential handbook for any step-parent or anyone considering joining the ranks of the fastest-growing family group in Australia.
Becoming a step-parent is one of the toughest journeys anyone could ever take, but the rewards can be immeasurable. In this insightful and reassuring book, Australia's leading parenting expert Michael Carr-Greg offers practical advice on the following:
- the typical stages of step-family transition
- the particular challenges of the first two years
- how to manage conflict and build lasting relationships
- dealing with the ex
- the great 'no-nos' of step-parenting
- the essential lessons every step-parent needs to learn
Surviving Step-Families is an invaluable resource that will help to give your new family the greatest chance of success.